“NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL STUDIO LIGHT” studio light workshop
~Learn how to recreate natural light using studio lighting and how to use my studio light ‘window‘
~ See how it works in practice, we’ll shoot a baby session, including elements of ‘mummy&me” session
~Editing with my own preset, which all attendees will receive
NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL STUDIO LIGHT workshop has been designed for those who want to learn how to use studio light to achieve natural looking images.
I strongly believe that light is a key factor in creating stunning images for your clients. I also believe that you shouldn’t be limited to, or by available natural light. Instead, I will teach you how to replace a natural light window with my ‘studio window‘ system that uses studio light and is easy to replicate in most studio spaces. I use this light for all of my sessions, maternity, newborn, baby and family and it helps me to achieve this beautiful, natural, almost lifestyle feel to my images.
If you’re still not convinced, here’s a few more reasons why studio lighting is a photographer’s best friend:
– it’s easy to use once you’ve mastered the basics
– it’s reliable, no more session cancellations due to insufficient day light
– it’s consistent, making your editing a breeze
– it can be beautiful
Who is it for:
It’s for both, natural light photographers who want to learn natural looking studio lighting to compliment their current style, and for studio light photographers who struggle to make their light look natural and would like to move away from more traditional light set ups (high key etc).
What will be covered:
– Studio lighting equipment. It will involve explaining the equipment, considerations before buying, how to put everything together and make it work with the camera.
– My lighting set up. We’ll go over the set up I use in most of my sessions and how I modify it depending on what ‘look’ I want to achieve.
– Practical with a baby model (‘mommy&me’ session). You’ll be able to watch me work with a model and studio light just as I do during my typical session, and then take your own pictures putting into practice what we’ve learnt so far.
– Editing with my own preset, which all attendees will receive
– Q&A session
The price is £325
(Early Bird price of £295 if booked before January the 30th)
Location and dates:
My studio in Chorley, PR7 2SG
20 March 2020
The workshop will start at 9.00am and finish at 4.00pm
This not a portfolio building workshop, nor a posing workshop, there might be elements of posing or opportunity to take a few images of our model, however the main focus of the session is to teach you about studio lighting and how to make it work for you. Also, I’m going to be teaching you my way of working with studio lights and the set ups are I use. I’m not saying they are they the only way to work with studio lighting, or the best, but they have worked for me. Before you book, please make sure you’re familiar with my work and my style.
This workshop is not available for anyone within 80 miles from PR7 2SG, or anyone already teaching workshops.